Search
Search Login/Out

REO
Arcade highscores: 8
Have thanks: 4 times

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netRR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Sep 19th, '13, 17:03

The Crapspeed decats were just awful. Serious headache after the first long journey.
I had the OEM cats with the car, so I put them on as a short term gap. But they'll likely stay on for a while.

The car was clay bared the first wash it got from me. The paintworks problems are more serious - stone chipped to hell on the front and sides. Boot is a diff colour. Front right wing has had a respray in the past and it has really bad orange peel. Some rust showing on boot.

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Sep 19th, '13, 17:51

Fair play then. The NAs can be pretty damn loud with straight through exhausts. I remember driving Mackam Maz's SWB NA and it was deafening, lol. My TT on the other hand, has divorced elbows, de-cats and then a straight through pipe to the back box, yet isn't terribly loud, lol

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Sep 20th, '13, 09:12

It was horrible to drive with the decats.
And with it being a former Auto car, the decats had been butchered to make fit. That meant that they constantly banged against the drivers footwell.
On top of that, it meant quite restricted flow on the drivers side. With the OEM cats back on, the car feels more eager and responsive. Not to mention I can hear the nice exhaust (which you have heard!). The decat rasp previously just drowned everything out.

Although now it seems to be a wheel bearing noise that drowns everything out! Never bloody ending the repairs to this car!

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Sep 24th, '13, 11:19

Since I've had the Slicky, there has been an annoying whine when in 2nd and 4th.
It was suggested it was likely the lower shift boot had came loose.
Sure enough, when I looked into it a few weeks ago it had popped off. Placed back on and sound went away.

Driving over past few days, sound had came back. I had to take the centre trim out today anyway, so whilst there I investigated the boot again.

The lower boot had popped off again. It's slightly misshaped so I've put a couple of dabs of silicone and put it back in place. Hopefully that will hold it in place and save me having to track down a new one.
Also the middle boot rubber had a huge split in it. I had some rubber glue in the garage so I did a repair and it's bonded well. Once it's all dry, Ike her out for a drive and see what the noise is like (hopefully gone!)

There's some epic wiring bodges on this car (I think I already showed you this one)
The above was someone attempt at installing a Nokia phone charger. I've removed it all and repaired the wiring.

Next on this morning list was to fit the Gaitors I got from Si (Mondo - Hide and Seat).
Nothing fancy, but my OEM ones were absolutely rotten.

Really pleased with the finished look. Thanks again Si. I'll be getting the knob and hand brake done in the near future.
I also changed out the centre stereo surround. The one in the car when I bought it had been sprayed blue, and it was scratched, chipped, and held in in some places with bluetak.

How it looks now:

The Pioneer stereo single Din is pretty naff to be honest, and it doesn't have a dimmer function, so it's a pain at night and the facia has to be removed. It will be for sale shortly.
So now I just need to trace all the wires and neaten them up (I hate messy wiring).

The rest of today is concentrating on splitting a set of rear lights for a wee project I was thinking off.

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Oct 11th, '13, 15:37

Spent a while today fitting a HID kit.
It's a 35w 5000k with slimline ballasts.

From this

To this

Gonna have to change the side lights/fogs now as they look way too yellow in comparison.

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Oct 11th, '13, 15:47

Just don't be too disappointed that you still can't see mate. HIDs do make a big difference, as does polishing your light glass, but the Zeds lights are just shit, end of story, lol.

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Oct 11th, '13, 16:04

lol. Even the standard Zed lights are better than those on a 406 coupe I had a few years ago!

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Feb 23rd, '14, 15:19

Few bits n bobs been done in the sites absence.

Side lights changed to white rather than OEM yellow. Not sure how I feel about them. Oh well.

Full set of subframe and Diff bushes:

Exhaust that was on the car when I bought it was thoroughly bodged:

Struck gold with a breaker on eBay and got hold of a custom SWB set up for £130:

Hoping to get a few hours this leave to be able to fit it.

Fitted a neat USB charger for my phone go with the Alpine HU I'll be fitting in a few weeks.

HATED the Momo Race wheel that came with the car. So got shot of that and fitted this:

Not everyone's cuppa, but screw you it's my car :tt2:

Currently have almost £300 of OEM bits and pieces coming from Coz at CZP.
Also got new silicone couplings and vac hose in black to replace the awful blue ones currently on the car. Including Stainless T-Bolts
Eibach Hubcentrics on the way.
Just starting the process of a full DIY refurb of the alloys.

That's about where I stand at the moment.
I need to get a new DA polisher as mine fried itself last year and the paint is pretty badly swirled. But once that's done, and all the above is fitted, she should be quite presentable.

Have thanks: 33 times

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Feb 23rd, '14, 15:28

Looks like you are making done good progress :)

I thought you was looking at selling did I read that somewhere?

Did you get the Whiteline bushes from Coz as well?

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Feb 23rd, '14, 15:39

She was for sale for a while as there was a C3 Corvette I was interested in, but that went.

If someone offered the right money, I'd sell. But quite happy to keep it for this summer at least.

I got the Whiteline bushes from Clark Motorsport up near Aberdeen. They are a trader on 350z-uk that I moderate on, and I get quite a number of parts from them.

REO

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 16:14

Steering wheel finished:

centre badge will get replaced with a period one.

Knackered couplers replaced with black. Other vacuum hoses to be done as time allows:

Shiny rad brackets and bushes fitted to replace corroded/perished ones:

Brand new scuttle trim:

Getting there bit by bit.

Have thanks: 33 times

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 18:44

Coming on nicely :) I think it is worth going with brand new parts than trying to pick up good used these days as a lot of parts are in a tired state.

Teenager
Have thanks: 12 times

ZXClub.net Re: RR Lexx's SWB NA Slicky Post Posted: Aug 18th, '14, 09:00

I brought brand new oem scuttles 4 years ago and they are already faded, so buying old ones is a false economy they rot.

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments