Search
Search Login/Out

Toddler
Have thanks: 0 time

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netPerformance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 13:37

Hey guys! I posted up in the newbie section, thought I'd start a build page right away too! I am in the middle of my VH45 Z32 swap. Here are a few pictures of my progress!

Here is a link for more pictures http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/nismo300zxjdm/library/Project%20-%20Not%20So%20Fairlady%20Z
http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/nismo300zxjdm/library/PerformanceVH%20Products

So the car is at the body shop right now. I'm about 13 months into this project right now.. It would be going faster if I wasn't making swap parts for other people along the way! Hope you all enjoy!

REO
Arcade highscores: 8
Have thanks: 4 times

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 13:44

Looking good so far Eric.
You already know this is my inspiration for my swap. So expect 101 daft questions!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 13:47

Lexx wrote:
Looking good so far Eric.
You already know this is my inspiration for my swap. So expect 101 daft questions!

Thanks mate! I'll do my best to answer them all!

Have thanks: 33 times

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 14:08

Wow this looks like a very interesting build welcome Eric :)

Marty

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 14:44

Gonzo12c wrote:
Wow this looks like a very interesting build welcome Eric :)

Marty

Thank you Marty, I can't wait to get the engine in there!

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 26th, '13, 17:39

Welcome to the club Eric, that build does look pretty awesome! Some times really do wish we were living in the states, so much easier to get Z bits.

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Head Moderator
Arcade highscores: 1
Have thanks: 59 times

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 27th, '13, 20:13

Excellent build you have going there. Will be watching this looking forward to more pics and updates.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonback75

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 27th, '13, 23:02

Thanks for the warm welcome! Updates of body work soon to come!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Jul 29th, '13, 13:06

This weekend I pulled the front suspension apart again for the second time. Greg (the body man) had been working on smoothing the wheel wells out and got some spots in primer. Here's a little preview..

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Aug 17th, '13, 14:34

The engine bay is all in primer. Time for paint! Then throw all the front end back together, again!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Aug 29th, '13, 02:43

Got the VW coil pack adapters in today! Some minor dimensional changes need to be made, but all in all I'm very pleased!

The coils do fit underneath the OEM coil pack cover too! The VW coils cost about $20 a piece. Still waiting to figure out the harness, that'll be the fun part!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Sep 2nd, '13, 04:44

The engine bay is now in paint... back on with the suspension! Body work is next!

Got everything in for the coil pack upgrade, now I just need to wire them into the harness... no more PTU!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Sep 8th, '13, 17:39

Dirty hands, and trying to fabricate my headers as well! I'll be padding the crap out of the engine bay!

A little more progress with the intake manifold. Smoothed out the runners.

Before:
After:

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: Performance VH's Z32 VH45DE Build Post Posted: Sep 8th, '13, 17:41

Cool fab work!

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments