Search
Search Login/Out

Toddler
Have thanks: 1 time

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netThe Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 21:58

Some of you may remember me selling my gtr in order to buy Bazza's beautiful wide ass tt zed a while back. By the time I sold my car he had already sold his so I missed out on a car id been trying to get for a long time by 1 week. I couldn't hang around though for another to come up of similar spec and quality so I decided to start another project of my own on something I'm very familiar with. A uk spec sti. Its not the JDM hawk I took as px for my gtr. I sold that car almost immediately.

I'm starting the project on here as I do intend on getting a big power 300. Maybe one of you might like a swap some time in the future

Here's the car that got away

Perfect looking 300 imo but sometimes these things happen.

So I decided to go for another big spec sti. Living up north of the boarder I am luck to have some of the best driving Road in Europe right at my back door and an sti is a perfect b road basher. I set my sights on a 400bhp scooby and the plan was to up that power to around 500bhp. A 500bhp subaru is something else to drive. Here's what I bought

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by JTJUDGE on Aug 19th, '13, 08:18, edited 3 times in total.

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:05

First thing I intended to do was lose the spoiler and clean up the mess

Go good sanding down and fill in the holes

Then on to the paint job. I decided to do in my self. If I cock it up I can always get a carbon fibre one and she'd weight

I cocked it up so once I have enough ££££ its being replaced with a carbon fibre one.

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:08

Next was the wheels. I hate the blue on gold look so they had to go for a nice set of Rota drifts 9.5j 18s

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:12

Next was something to complement the wide wheels look

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:15

I think it sets the look of perfectly. I will be fitting a voltex rear spoiler soon with roof fins and rear diffuser to add to the extended arches that are going on around November.

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:19

Next stage was for a fast road geometry set up

Before and after settings

No dodgy camber here. Just a good fast road set up

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:20

Some canards for the front bumper. To be fitted in Sept

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:29

So back to the power. 400+bhp makes for one fast subaru. I had it remapped as soon as I got it as I wanted to test the engines condition an the rcm400 turbo it had was set at a low boost so there was more power to get out of it. The result was around 420. Enough for me to blitz an rs5 :D

Still I wanted more and a new turbo and inlet was purchased. The turbo is pretty unique in that is the only one of its kind in the UK. Itsa custom built turbo and to be honest it bloody Awsome. I'd with the old turbo

And on with the new

Its a big ass turbo but spool so far is more responsive. It has a gt30 billeted front wheel and a td06 billeted rear wheel all machine matched

Custom wheels as well

Here it is next to a td05

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:35

Next job was to fit it, double port the headers and squeeze in the new inlet

Porting the headers

Before

After

Here is the the turbo builder fitting his creation. Took him 5hrs due to its size

Fitted but not mapped yet. That's happening next week. Should see around the expected 500 mark. I will update more when I get back from holiday with the results. Next on the list is a 2.5 conversion.

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 18th, '13, 22:41

Shouldn't have removed the spoiler, but otherwise loving the scooby! Often think of having another, awesome drivers car!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Have thanks: 33 times

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 19th, '13, 07:40

You know what the more i see scoobies and them doing really well at time attack the more i want one :) They seem to have a low price tag for the amount of power you get and with the addes bonus of 4WD

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 19th, '13, 07:55

Absolutely incredible car for what they cost.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 19th, '13, 08:33

Once the new boot lid goes on im fitting a detachable one of these

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 19th, '13, 08:42

Yeah you can pick up a similar powered one like mine for around 8.5 to 10k unless it has a built engine then its a bit more. A std high mileage one can be around 6.5 to 7k though so fairly cheap. The bottom priced ones are in the same condition as all bottom priced cars though. They'll need work.

I'll get the spec of this up later on today as its pretty long

In the mean time, here is what I want coming out of this project

Love them. I owned a tt 300zx back in 2002 with big lambo wheels but sold it on when I needed to commute. Regretted it for years

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: The Judge & the 1 that got away :( Post Posted: Aug 19th, '13, 21:40

Yep I think the zed looks better with the rounded wide look. Makes it look very retro.

The spoiler will be custom also. It fastens on to a bracket which is attached to another bracket. Both come away to fit snuggly in the boot. Thats where it will stay until a road trip comes up.

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments