Search
Search Login/Out
Toddler
Have thanks: 0 time

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netwhat polish to use?? Post Posted: Feb 18th, '12, 16:37

hey guys hope all is well.

into my second week of owning the zx! now tackling the dull faded red paint.

ive used auto glymm Super reisin (srp) for my previous cars, but this red just seems far to dull, ive tested some SRP and it makes a slight difference, not good enough though!

if any one can recommend a polish theyve used give me a shout!

cheers

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Feb 18th, '12, 16:46

Back in the days when I had a valeting company, I was a Meguiars guy and tbh, when it came to restoring faded red/pink paint, their 3 step process was always amazing, Step1 is a paint cleaner, pulls all the crap and impurities out of your paint, step 2 is a polish and step 3 is a Carnauba wax, which rocks. I then sometimes went a step further and also gave it a coat of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. Now this was about 7 or 8 years ago, they still make the same products, which rock, but there are others out there too. Perhaps pose the question to our resident valeting supplies company, Wash Warehouse? They have their own section within the traders area ;)

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Have thanks: 7 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Feb 18th, '12, 19:37

Get yourself on 'detailingworld' and have a search bud. Be aware seeing some of the work on there can lead to serious expenditure :whistling:

Head Moderator
Arcade highscores: 1
Have thanks: 59 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Feb 18th, '12, 21:02

I used to buff red paint with G3 cutting compound, then start on a finer polish but im talking a long time ago and not a zed. would love to see some before and after pictures if you could do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonback75

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Feb 20th, '12, 12:47

cheers guys, ive been on detailing world, and some of the products on there seem excellent ( and expensive :(

I seen a neighbour using the g3 stuff, it worked really well on his mx5, he did say however it can be quite strong so i reckon ill try some on my left wing as its really dull and i was thinking of re-spraying it any way :D

Teenager

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Jul 21st, '12, 01:10

h5kdx wrote:
cheers guys, ive been on detailing world, and some of the products on there seem excellent ( and expensive :(

I seen a neighbour using the g3 stuff, it worked really well on his mx5, he did say however it can be quite strong so i reckon ill try some on my left wing as its really dull and i was thinking of re-spraying it any way :D

if you dont wanna go to the expense of a random orbit buffer i have 5 products that really work on red. 3 are by clearkote and the other 2 buy poorboys. i cant rember the name of them at the moment but i will dig them out over the weekend and post the name and order of use.

matt

Teenager
Have thanks: 4 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Jul 21st, '12, 16:42

madmodder wrote:
h5kdx wrote:

if you dont wanna go to the expense of a random orbit buffer i have 5 products that really work on red. 3 are by clearkote and the other 2 buy poorboys. i cant rember the name of them at the moment but i will dig them out over the weekend and post the name and order of use.

matt

Poorboys stuff is good, I got some natty wax and its brilliant......smells of bubblegum too! :)

Teenager

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Apr 7th, '13, 10:07

Try this, best I have come across 'Scholl concepts S40

Fine cut and a deep gloss

Toddler

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 1st, '13, 20:26

iv used turtle wax extreme polishing wax in the past its in a bright green tub. not sure if halfords still sell it.polished up a very faded red fiat a while back and when i say faded the whole car looked white, brought it back up a treat. stayed red after one polish for quite sometime.

Have thanks: 20 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 1st, '13, 23:21

SInce my paint is new, I don't use a particularly abrasive polish. Just AG SRP, but I use a good Zymol wax to protect. It's amazing how many people polish their cars, but don't wax them. When you polish, you're basically left with bare paint. You need to protect that polished surface with a good quality wax or sealant. Paint is porous and it'll oxidise without wax to protect it.

Trader
Have thanks: 5 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 2nd, '13, 09:18

I use brake fluid, shines it up a treat :lol:

-- 02 Aug 2013 10:18 --

Only joking, had noone noticed this thread is old

Teenager
Have thanks: 12 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 3rd, '13, 20:18

Clean it, clay it, diamond white from poor boys world and the natty wax from the same. used several products etc meguiers or how ever you spell it was pretty good but the diamond white is better I think. I used to always use autogleam, but either of those two are a major improvement. :wozzer:
I'm going to invest in a machine polisher soon, as doing it manually is long winded, just the clay will make life easier. the paint will look and feel much better even with that, and the paint will polish better. You know those little specks that are left and hard to polish off when you use the polish? well the clay will remove those.

Trader
Have thanks: 5 times

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 3rd, '13, 20:23

z32bolt wrote:

Clean it, clay it, diamond white from poor boys world and the natty wax from the same. used several products etc meguiers or how ever you spell it was pretty good but the diamond white is better I think. I used to always use autogleam, but either of those two are a major improvement. :wozzer:
I'm going to invest in a machine polisher soon, as doing it manually is long winded, just the clay will make life easier. the paint will look and feel much better even with that, and the paint will polish better. You know those little specks that are left and hard to polish off when you use the polish? well the clay will remove those.

That's a nice shine you got on that :wozzer:

Newbile Infant

ZXClub.net Re: what polish to use?? Post Posted: Aug 17th, '17, 16:13

Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish works great on my car.

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments