Search
Search Login/Out
Teenager
Have thanks: 5 times

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netmonthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Sep 23rd, '11, 14:59

Notts Car & Bike Show, Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Calverton NG14 6HP Wednesday 28 Sept 2011.

NOTE: this will be the last event for this year. Once again there will be prizes for the Best Club Display, and The Car and the bike the judges would most like to take home.

Hold on to your entry ticket for the final prize draw.

Remember the nights are drawing in so we will start a little earlier at 5pm for those who can make it. I will have the floodlights switched on so we don?t have to close down too early. Stickyfingers will be there selling hot and cold food and drink.

Last months Best club display was won by the Mondeo ST Owners Club, the favourite car was a yellow Lamborghini and the favourite bike was a red & white Yamaha R6. A young lady won the entry ticket prize, a Ryobi tool box.

Teenager

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 1st, '11, 16:34

Hello All,
Well that’s the last evening meet for the year over and done with. I would like to say thanks to everyone who has attended and helped make this event a success in its first year.

Wednesdays car the judges would most like to take home was BeeGeeVinz’s red 300ZXTT The bike the judges would most like to take home was won by a Lambretta scooter with almost as much chrome and mirrors as Vinz’ Z. (I must apologise as I can’t remember the owners name but I think he belonged to the Mansfield Road Runners scooter club. The winning entry ticket was held by Wooley from Club DIORI who made off with a bottle of whisky. The Best Club Display was (eventually) won by Midland Scoobies who have consistently fielded the most single marque cars at all events and at last purchased a banner to tell us all who they are!

It has been a pleasure to meet so many like – minded car and bike enthusiasts over the last six months. For those of you who are putting your cars and bikes to bed for the winter I hope you will turn out and meet us all again next year. If you are carrying on motoring then read on.

During the evening I spoke to a lot of the people present and the consensus was that most wanted to carry on meeting during the winter months. To this end I have spoken to the camp warden and we are welcome on the Second Sunday of each month from 3.00pm until late. If the weather is suitable we will continue to meet on the usual paddock (unless directed elsewhere). If it is cold, wet or anything else horrible then we will have the use of the social centre which is well – lit and has central heating.

Remember everything comes at a price and so we will have to revert to an entry fee of ?2 per person attending (to cover use of the building, heating and light etc).

Instead of paying at the gate, please drive slowly down the drive and turn right at the end towards the social centre where I will expect you to pay before entering the usual paddock on the left. Once again retain your tickets as there will be a prize draw during the evening. I will try to maintain the trophies for the bike and car the judges would most like to take home and also for best club display .

‘Jacks Snacks’ will attend these events and provide hot and cold food and drink. If you are stopping late remember to use him as if he’s not selling then he’ll go home.

So, the next event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton NG14 6HP from 3pm until late on Sunday 9 October 2011. See you all there.

Formerly Croeso
Have thanks: 9 times

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 1st, '11, 19:56

Well done Derek and its great that its been a success. :clap:

Teenager

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 1st, '11, 21:51

Thanks Chris. I didn't get as many older cars as I wanted but it is rewarding to get the interest from a great many younger drivers with modern cars and a smattering of very nice bikes and well preserved scooters too.

Head Moderator
Arcade highscores: 1
Have thanks: 59 times

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 3rd, '11, 20:19

would be great to have attended but unfortunatly i was unable to maybe next time i can make arrangements to come and meet others

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonback75

Formerly Croeso
Have thanks: 9 times

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 3rd, '11, 23:18

arkwright wrote:
Thanks Chris. I didn't get as many older cars as I wanted but it is rewarding to get the interest from a great many younger drivers with modern cars and a smattering of very nice bikes and well preserved scooters too.

Sounds good that the younger lads are keen, as much as we may sometimes think they are idiots, as with everything in life they are in fact the future..!

The petrol heads of tomorrow :clap:

Would love to have been able to make any meets this year (or last for that matter?) but I'm out of the swim at the moment ........wrapped up in my own childish adventures and trying my best to rip the arse right out of it while it's available :clap:
normal service should resume sometime late next year...:sarcastic:

Have thanks: 1 time

ZXClub.net Post Posted: Oct 4th, '11, 20:23

Well done Dereck and all who have attended.

I have made no meets at all this year. I haven't even been round the garage to look at the car. It's too unsetting to it sat there.

Will hope to get it back on the road next year and hopefully make a meet or two.

Same goes for myself LOL.

Good work guys.

Darrell

Teenager

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Nov 12th, '11, 19:06

correct 3pm onwards

Newbile Infant
Have thanks: 0 time

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Feb 26th, '13, 11:59

i noticed the last date was 2011 coiuld you please give me details of the next meet and the address many thanks Gaz

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Feb 26th, '13, 12:04

I know this was definitely still running last year as well mate. I think it might be in it's winter break at the moment, but I'd imagine the meet will be back on around March/April at the latest.

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Have thanks: 33 times

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Apr 2nd, '14, 14:30

just seen this pop up on the right does it still go on?

Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Apr 2nd, '14, 14:37

Whoops, anyone who saw what I just said, ignore it, thought this was a different thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Teenager
Have thanks: 0 time

ZXClub.net Re: monthly evening car & bike meet in Notts Post Posted: Apr 14th, '14, 14:53

no longer running sorry

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments