Search
Search Login/Out
Arsehole
Arcade highscores: 5
Have thanks: 71 times

Showroom(beta) Dealership

ZXClub.netNEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 22nd, '13, 19:34

So I got bored and made a new feature I've wanted to make for ages, likes! You can now see, in the bottom right of every post, a blue button with the word 'like' in it. If you click that, it registers a like against that post, from your user. Just like facebook! Sort of.

You cannot like your own posts (Sorry Mikey) and you can only like a post once.

Currently it's just a button with a like count in it, Rose will no doubt make that nicer and I will make it pm the person who has received the like, just like when you get thanked. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight.

Enjoy.

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Mr HollowPoint was thanked for this post by:
Lexx (Aug 22nd, '13, 19:35)

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 22nd, '13, 23:53

Can't get it to pm, but I think PMs are a little broken at the moment, because I didn't get one when Lexx stuck a thanks on the first post in this thread. I have just put another tiny feature in though, so now if the button has a number in it, indicating it has received some likes, you can hover over the button and see who liked it.

-- 23 Aug 2013 00:53 --

And now I think I've got PM'ing working on receiving a like.

Might be time for bed. Working from home tomorrow, but it's still 1am and I'm still working tomorrow, lol.

If everything seems fine, you're probably not grasping the gravity of the situation!

Have thanks: 13 times

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 06:20

can you make these features work on tapatalk too?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

REO
Arcade highscores: 8
Have thanks: 4 times

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 06:42

davezx wrote:
can you make these features work on tapatalk too?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

In Tapatalk tap the post you want to like. Then press the thumbs up icon.

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 07:16

That's actually the thanks feature lexx, but yes dave, I'm looking to make likes work in tapatalk too.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

REO

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 07:33

Mr HollowPoint wrote:
That's actually the thanks feature lexx, but yes dave, I'm looking to make likes work in tapatalk too.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Practically the same thing!

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 07:38

Nah, saying you like something is different to thanking someone for something :D

-- 23 Aug 2013 08:38 --

Now works in search pages like what's new and changed to popular 'posters'

REO

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:18

On 350z-uk the Tapatalk thumbs feature says "like" not "thanks".
It'd be useful to change here too.

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:26

Indeed, I just need to spend some time working out how. The problem is, the thanks feature was a mod written by someone else and they've exposed it to Tapatalk so it can be used, I need to figure out how they did it, so that I can change the thumbs icon on Tapatalk to be 'like' and maybe create/use a different icon for thanks, or remove thanks from tapatalk altogether.

REO

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:31

Ask Chris'I on 350z-uk. He did most of the Tapatalk integration for us.

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:36

Yeah the problem is the 350 forum doesn't use the same forum software, so it'll be different. It's not that I'll struggle to do it, most of the Tapatalk integration couldn't be simpler to be honest, it's just having the spare time to go look. May get some time tonight, as I'm working from home today.

REO

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:38

Good point.
Forgot about that as I only ever log on with Tapatalk now. Both on my phone and tablet.

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 08:45

Have you tried using this forum from a browser on your phone and tablet recently? Whilst Tapatalk is very good and I'm also looking to upgrade the Tapatalk plugin on the site, to expose some new features in the newer versions of the App, Rose put in a great deal of effort to make this site very mobile friendly and whilst I still use Tapatalk for browsing at work etc, for it's convenience, if I were browsing it on my tablet I'd probably use a browser. That way since the screen on a tablet is larger and Rose has made tweaks to work really well on 7" and 10" screens, you get the design of the site as well as the info/posts.

REO

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 10:30

I monitor almost a dozen forums. Tapatalk is just easier.

Arsehole

ZXClub.net Re: NEW FEATURE! You can now LIKE posts! Post Posted: Aug 23rd, '13, 11:08

lol fair play

Permissions You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments